The last few days have been so frustrating! I´ve been following the latest thoughts regarding schedules for babies....eat, waketime then sleep. But what happens when there´s a kink in the plans?
I´m learning that I do REALLY well with structure...but I kind of fall apart when the structure stops working or gets out of whack.
In December Aaron caught a virus (adenovirus) and battled 3 solid weeks of diarrhea.
He recovered from the diarrhea but hasn´t gone back to his normal eating habits since then. He was eating very well before. Now, it´s a battle to get him to take half his bottle at each feeding. Although he shows signs of hunger and a desire to eat, when I pull the bottle near he cries and arches his back and refuses it. He rarely eats the total amount he should by the end of the day.
I´m going to weigh him this afternoon to see how the week has gone. Last week he had gained weight, in spite of the resistance. We´ll see how it goes today.
There are several possible issues contributing to this....sore gums as he´s working on entry of the first teeth, some kind of allergy, acid reflux. Who knows...time will tell.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Parenting can be so hard. There are some things that you can't force - like eating. I was like you - I LOVED a schedule - and didn't do well when something knocked us off. I think I stressed myself out too much sometimes, instead of just going with the flow when you can't control the schedule. I'll pray that God gives you wisdom and flexibility.
ReplyDelete